
This morning we had Family Home Morning. Yes, I know it's supposed to be Family Home Evening with Monday evening being the typical night, but this week I was teaching on Monday night and we forgot to do it the rest of the week. Tyler's two options on obedience are either 100% or not at all, and as we're only two weeks into a perfect family home evening year, Family Home Evening had to happen TODAY. I figure if we're only doing it to mark down 100%, we might as well subscribe to brother-in-law's theory where we could have Family Home Evening both morning and night this week, and then we could take off 3.5 months because we'd be 14 FHEs ahead.
Okay, that's overstating it a bit, because I'm very grateful Tyler has made this goal. Tyler and I have had a busy couple of years where one of us has a class (either attending or teaching) every evening and this is one area we've let slip by the wayside. So THANK YOU Husband.
Anyway, we were having Sunday morning Family Home Morning and Tyler was teaching a lesson about Samuel the Lamanite. He was teaching correct doctrine and tailoring it appropriately to a three year old (my favorite line was when he said the big guy with the bow and arrow was mad because he'd been naughty and Samuel said Christmas was coming). He got to end of the Samuel the Lamanite story when he took a second to point out how miraculous it was that Samuel wasn't getting hit by the arrows, because as you can see very clearly in Arnold Friberg's officially endorsed image of the event, two of those arrows are heading straight for Samuel! That's going to take one mighty miracle to get those arrows to veer their course.

I piped in at this point and noted that if the animated Living Scriptures had taught me anything, I knew that Samuel was protected by a powerful force field not unlike the one that surrounded the death star in Return of the Jedi. This superforce of charged energy radiated out from Samuel so that when the arrows approached him they were immediately repelled by the field and went "vroom" in another direction.
Talmage burst out laughing at this point in the conversation. So did I, because I thought I had been particularly funny. Then I realized that the point in my dialogue he had zeroed in on was the "vroom" of the arrows. He spent the next five minutes swishing his hand around the room saying "Vroom, vroom, vroom!" at which point his body would contort on itself and his nasal/belly laugh would erupt as he rolled on the floor at the imagined arrows. Tyler and I were both laughing at Tal already when he finally caught his breath, stood up, and declared, "Guys, I'm the funniest boy."
Next week we're going to reenact Ammon and the arm-tearing. Just wait for my appropriate sound effect. It's going to be a hit.
Talmage will be a fun older brother
ReplyDeleteI bet that your FHE or FHMs are way above my head, even with the changing and all! You are so smart!
ReplyDelete