Monday, January 12, 2009

A Question for the Internet at Large

Tailbone pain? Excruciating? Is this another normal thing of pregnancy that I missed the first time around that is killing me the second time?

7 comments:

  1. Yes, but only after I delivered Abel. Hard chairs at church were the worst...as I'm sure you've discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had pain in my lower back the last few weeks when I was pregnant with Emma. I couldn't even sit in the padded Church chairs for very long. I had to stand in the back for half of sacrament meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that is NOT a fun pain! I didn't have it with my 1st pregnancy but it was bad in my 2nd pregnancy. Tailbone, lower back and sciatic nerve pain--all because Ethan was posterior (I think). I had back labor start about 2 1/2 weeks before my due date too. Not enough labor to go to the hospital, but on-and-off absolutely AWFUL pain. I'm pretty sure I scared my (then) 3 year old when I was on my hands/knees crying and calling for daddy to come home! A warm bath helps all of that pain a lot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously! It's a pain. Literally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had it so bad I always took Sophia out of sacrament even when she was good just so I could sit on the couch. I think after your first pregnancy your babies are lower, especially boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LISTEN TO ME: Get thee to a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy) for back manipulation. If you can't find one, then try a Chiropractor. You insurance *may* even cover it. You will be so glad you did!

    Also, lay on the floor with your back on the floor and your legs (from your knee "pit" down) on the couch--so that your legs are bent at a 90 degree angle.

    Hope you can find some relief! I've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura- You need to call me! I had it with every pregnancy- started earlier each time and was more intense each time- by #4 I was dying! But the last one I went to a physical therapist at the suggestion of my doctor and that woman was a miracle worker! I never would have believed it if I hadn't experienced it.

    ReplyDelete