But welcome to the new and exclusive blog, "Howe Thoughts: The Private Edition." We'll be updating and changing over the next little bit, and that plus my floor that needs immediate attention means that I won't have a good entry for a week or so. Tyler will probably post a movie for you. And some cute pictures of my kids. Who, I think, are reason enough to go through the inconvenience of typing in your email address to read about my life. Well, Talmage is at least. Asher's been grumpy as of late. (Try refusing him the medicine cabinet. He'll head butt you and scream as if you're attempting to remove his kidneys. Without anesthesia. And without sterile instruments.)
In the meantime I'll throw this one at you:
10 year old boys are difficult to buy presents for. My nephew recently celebrated his birthday and we were a bit stumped. I went through several suggestions and actually bought and returned two presents before I landed on a Super Soaker. One of the brainstormed gifts was a Magic 8 Ball. First I tried to decide if it was cool, and then Tyler wondered aloud if my brother and sister-in-law might frown upon the whole possibly Satanic element. "You know," Tyler mused, "If they are Satanic, you got to think the Prince of Darkness gets frustrated with his options." We imagined the fourteen-year-old boy faced with the possibilities of the Internet. "Should I look at pornography?" he asks the 8 ball. Lucifer reaches out from his realm of darkness.
"Reply hazy. Try again later."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got invited, neener, neener, neener!
ReplyDeleteIn other news: there will be a reuniting of one Ryan Shoemaker, and two Plicka's, as he is visiting us for the Spring Literary Festival at OU.
Not that this affects you, Laura, but thinking of Jerusalem friends...I thought I'd mention it.
What a bunch of English nerds we all are, eh?
xo
I love English nerds! Especially ones named Plicka and Howe. :)
ReplyDeleteYes I can relate to 10 year old boys being hard to shop for. Max's birthday requests(this Wed.) are a dsI $189.00 + games or a dog! I would say a super soaker sounds great.
ReplyDeleteIn the future, don't worry about it. We (the 10 year old in questions parents) got him a Ouija board for his birthday.
ReplyDelete