Asher's cutest quality is that he absolutely worships his dad. I have no bias in saying that. When I walk through the door, he shrieks "Dad!" with as much gusto as you would expect the average person to shout "Fire!" given the right set of circumstances.
Being Asher's favorite has it's good points and it's bad points. On the good side, Asher will always start the day happily if I get him out of his crib instead of Laura, he reaches for me to snuggle when he is hurt or sad, and he does that joyous shriek thing every time I enter the room. On the bad side, he would like to make sure all things that belong to Daddy are taken to Daddy.
This is rather cute when Asher wants to bring me my wallet and keys. My watch, glasses, and shoes are alright with me as well. But lately, Asher has started to bring me things I would probably prefer he didn't. And so, on that note, here are the top three worst Asher-to-Daddy deliveries of the month:
3. As I was walking up the stairs, I heard a big thump on the hardwood floor. By the time I reached the top of the stairs, Asher greeted me clutching my Mac laptop to his cheek and saying, "Dad!"
2. A few weeks ago I was completely drugged up on Nyquil and asleep in bed. I believe I was awoken by a similar loud bang on the hardwood floor, but I'm certain I was awake to hear Asher's footsteps and the dragging of a heavy object. Asher entered the bedroom saying, "Dad!" and lugging behind him my $3,000+ camera.
1. Just this morning I was in charge of the two boys alone, and I decided to slip into the shower. I was only in there a few moments before I rinsed the soap from my eyes to see Asher sticking my iPad through the shower curtain, smiling, and repeating, "Dad!"
So, I have the unconditional adoration of a 21-month old and a soaking-wet iPad.
But, the iPad still works . . . God bless those Mac people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you list getting Asher out of bed among the blessings of being the favorite.
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS CRACKING ME UP. Wow Tyler that is so funny! Truly like belly aching funny!
ReplyDelete