Monday, December 8, 2008

How I Know I Am GREAT With Child

1. One standard size towel is no longer sufficient to modestly cover me after I get out of the shower.
2. Last week at church everyone told me how great I looked. This week everyone asked me "So WHEN are you due?"
3. Today the bakery counter at Smith's asked me if I felt like I was going to pop.
4. My jeans don't stay up. You need hips for that kind of action.
5. The old stretch marks have been restretched.
6. Talmage asked me today, "Hey! How your tummy get so big?"
7. When resting my book on my belly last night, it started bouncing around when the kid rolled over.
8. My belly button is threatening to pop. As Tyler has told me that this is the only thing that could possibly happen to make me unattractive to him, I'm a little nervous.

7 comments:

  1. P.S. Love the shirt. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting. I loved my second pregnancy/child. I posted about a book that you HAVE to read, about the second pregnancy. It is called "Waiting For Birdy" by Catherine Newman. Did I already tell you this? I forget who I tell. I loved this book. You can see my review on my blog. But seriously, order the book on Amazon right now. It is fantastic. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with my dear friend Emily (who, by the way, I didn't know that you knew) and think your shirt is adorable. And think of it this way: you're way over that "is she just getting fat?" stage where your normal clothes don't fit and your maternity clothes look like tents. Try finding something to wear for the big family we-only-all-get-together-every-other-year-family-photo at that stage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it rather disturbing that Tyler finds the belly-button pop so unattractive. My belly-button started to pop out when I was only 5 months pregnant! Obviously, I was a very unattractive pregnant woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved when the TJMaxx clerk was convinced that I was having twins and I was overdue despite me telling her I was 7 months and just having 1. sheesh.

    love the shirt too. That surely has to make up for the popping belly button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you can rest assure that I am not "attractive" to Tyler. My belly button pops at 5 months without hesitation. It may help that my hernia is right there . . . but it is out!
    And I think you still look great . . . 2 months!

    ReplyDelete