Monday, July 21, 2008

Living Large "25 or 6 to 4" Style

Tyler and I are pretty good at trading busy periods of life. When he's busy, I'm usually available. When I'm busy, he's available. This has worked well in parenting. This trade is also apparent in blogging. As you can see from the last five video entries, I've been kind of busy lately. Tyler--not so much.

For the last several months, I've been participating in a study for women who have miscarried before and who want to get pregnant. Before I began this study, I had to answer 200 million questions about my lifestyle including do I dress my dog in people clothes, do I think Chicago should have stopped producing music in the mid-70s, and what do I think of Weezer's new album (no and yes and I kinda like that Pork and Beans song).

I went into the appointment a bit late (the U of U hospital is a big place and Information has no idea where the research nurses are located) so I was a little bit flustered. That being flustered turned into being floored when I saw that Angelina Jolie was my nurse. Her long hair curled softly around her face and she looked up at me from beneath luscious eyelashes. Her pout turned into a smile as she welcomed me to the appointment and asked me to have a seat. I glimpsed a butterfly tattoo on her lower back and never has a tat seemed more classy or more desirable.

I was contemplating whether tattoos fit in with BYU's honor code and how I could maintain professionalism with my students if I had one below my navel when she launched into several thousand questions about my personal life:

"How old are you?"
"28."
"Oh hey! Me too! Do you use recreational drugs?"
"No."
"How much alcohol do you drink?"
"None."
"Not any?"
"Nope."
"Do you smoke?"
"No."
"Would you call your caffeine intake minimal, moderate, or excessive?"
"Minimal."
"Like how much caffeine a week?"
"None."
"A month?"
"None."
"What time do you go to bed on weekdays?"
"10 pm."
"And get up?"
"6 am."
"What time do you go to bed on weekends?"
"10 pm. But sometimes it's as late as 10:15."
"How old are you again?"
"I'm the most boring 28-year-old alive. That's how old I am."

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of those tats being called "tramp stamps" I'm sorry I just think they are like inviting someone to try and look down your pants.

    ReplyDelete