Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Look Alikes

In my life I've only ever been compared to two celebrity look alikes.

One, Helen Hunt:


And two, Leelee Sobieski:

I like to think that both of these comparisons are connected to my full mane of long blond hair and rockin body, but if I'm honest with myself, I'm sure it has more to do with the thick straight eyebrows and bumpy nose. However, Helen Hunt was one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 1998, an issue I didn't just browse through at the supermarket, but purchased and kept as an homage to my vicarious beauty.

Tyler usually gets compared to two actors.

Jim Carrey:

Or Kevin Bacon:

I think the Jim Carrey comparison comes from Tyler's sheer enthusiasm, which if you haven't witnessed in person, I think that a quick glance at the Corny Collins video posted below should give you a pretty accurate picture. He didn't become an elementary school teacher for nothing.

The Kevin Bacon comparison I find a little more alarming, as I affectionately refer to Kevin Bacon as the Scariest Man Alive. I'm not really sure where this comes from, except that I must have some latent Footloose associated nightmare kicking around in my subconcious, similar to the Michael Jackson nightmare I had when I was eight when Michael Jackson kidnapped me and a bunch of other kids in a large white van, taking us to an office space where two of the kids were laminated.

Talmage, however, has found some more creative look-alikes for Tyler. When he was younger, we used to walk by the Abercrombie and Fitch store and Talmage would shout out "Daddy!"



I let him know that Daddy is not quite as ripped as this guy and that he uses significantly less hair gel. And significantly more clothing.

And then, today at the zoo, Talmage looked at this brute and said with confidence, "This guy like Daddy":




I couldn't agree more.

8 comments:

  1. Dan is usually compared to the gorrilla! This is a funny post! I think you are way prettier than those two girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want to compliment you for knowing what Michael Jackson was really about before anyone else.

    Second, I don't get the Tyler/Kevin Bacon comparison, but with all the space you say he takes up, perhaps the gorilla description is apt.

    Emma has taken to calling people on TV "grandma" and "poppa". The other day she took a liking to Bill Clinton! Perhaps we need to visit them more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He, he! I couldn't agree with Talmage more. I thought this post was extremely insightful. I have never heard those comparisons before except for Kevin Bacon to Tyler. I had a hard time with that one at first but I've decided that it is because of the nose. Kevin Bacon's nose turns up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to say it's Tyler's hair that gets him connected to those 2 celebs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes juli is right you're prettier, and I think it's maybe the dimples for Tyler and Jim. I don't get the Kevin Bacon one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. does Tyler even have dimples...that was the first thing I thought of so I don't know maybe I shouldn't be posting my crazy ideas. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  7. All very fitting (except maybe the Abercrombie model-- jk Tyler!) Now you should go to myheritage.com and the site will come up with 6-8 celebrities that match your face structure. It's pretty fun- go check it out and see if what everyone tells you is right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the comparison...I'm sure Tyler appreciated it too. Kids say the darndest things don't they!

    ReplyDelete