Friday, October 16, 2009

So, We've Mostly Solved Talmage's Sleep Problems.* Mostly.

"Mom! MOOOOOMMMMMM!"
"Yes, Talmage?"
"You can come in here? One more time. Just one more time."
"What's up, buddy?"
"You're going to need to turn on the light for this one."
"Kay. What do you need?"
"Um . . ."
"Tal, it's time to go to sleep."
"Just one thing. Uh, when's trick-or-treating?"
"On the thirty first."
"That's a three and a one?"
"Yep."
"What day's today?"
"The sixteenth."
"A one and a six?"
"Yep, good night Talmage."
"Mom! A sixty is a six and a zero."
"Good night."
"A six and a zero, mommy!"
"Yes a six and a zero. Good night."

"MOMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!"
"Good night Talmage."
"Last thing, just last thing."
"What bud?"
"You're going to need to turn on the light for this one."
"Okay, what?"
"A six and a six is sixty-six."
"You've got it. Good night."
"Last thing! Just last thing!"
"What?"
"Ggggggggggghhhhh [gargles water]."
"Good night Talmage."
"Good night, Mommy."
"I love you."
"I love you, Mommy. . . . I SAID I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!"
"I heard bud. I love you, too."
"Good night. . . . . I SAID GOOD NIGHT, MOMMY!!!"
"I heard. Good night."
"Good night."

*The Mind Numbing Sleep Issues Chronicled Here.

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on all your posts and I'm so glad you are writing again. Loved all the stories and I feel a little bad we didn;t have a family shower for your new arrival.

    ReplyDelete