Monday, March 1, 2010

Because I Was Apparently WILD in High School

Tyler: So I learned more about the world today.

Laura: Okay.

Tyler: So there's these kids, who go to parties. And they don't drink at the parties. They do drugs. Ectasy. I can't really remember what they're called.

Laura: Raves.

Tyler: What?

Laura: They're called raves.

Tyler: How did you know that?

Laura: People from high school went to raves.

Tyler: Not at my high school.

Laura: Tyler, we went to the same high school.

Tyler: No, cause you always know all this stuff. Maybe you learned it in fifth and sixth grade when you were at a different elementary.

Laura: I learned about raves at Upland Terrace?

Tyler: I think so.

Laura: Tyler, you don't know about raves because of your adorable naivete.

Tyler: [...] Could we maybe call it my hot naivete instead?

4 comments:

  1. As a graduate of same said-high school, I can confirm the existence of raves. And I went to them, and then I probably told you about them in English, and you thought "What a troubled child, I should befriend her!" And you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys. I love it when you post your conversations, just like old times.
    PS. We thought about you during the entire Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura I loved all of your posts. I can't decide which one to comment on so I will just say that I will always read you blog and those who don't are missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Good ole Upland Terrace- that was my downfall too.

    ReplyDelete