Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Maybe After Tyler Posts Five Videos in a Row, It's Time for Laura to Write Something

Nothing makes me happier than Talmage loving Asher.

I was, well, panicked frankly about adding another child to the mix. I worried that Talmage would be jealous and angry and feel all of those feelings that What to Expect told me he would feel. I was immensely relieved when Talmage told me he wanted another baby. "How many more babies would you like?" I asked him. Talmage furrowed his brow before he suggested optimistically, "Um, twenty-one babies."

He's grown up a little, and so the number of desired babies has decreased. Talmage would now like four more babies. Besides the obvious I'm not sure I'd like to raise six children concern, this raises big problems. Namely, I'm not sure Tyler and I can name four more children. I've referenced Tyler's and my struggle with naming children here, here, and most recently here. (And if you want to know, Eva, Mae, and Catherine are now off the list.) So to resolve this issue, Talmage has decided to step up and take over naming responsibilities for the family. He's thought of a good boy name. Wintertime. If the anticipated baby is a girl? Summertime. Ooo! And he's got a great one that would work for either a girl OR a boy! Nothing. We'd like to introduce you to our baby: Nothing Wintertime Howe. (Or as the case may be, Nothing Summertime Howe.)

But, as I've noted before, no child has been conceived. Tal's a little impatient with my pace. So he's taken to giving the present members of his family alternate identities. He, for example, is Brade. Daddy is Grade. Asher is Hade. I (lucky me) am Lazorblade. These new names come with superpowers as well. I (Lazorblade) am able to break lightbulbs. And also, I have a gun.

6 comments:

  1. I have always dreamed of being able to break light bulbs. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma frequently asks when we are going back to the hospital to get another baby. I might think about it soon if I could order one up, like shopping on the internet or something. I am nothing if not a great shopper. Being pregnant I'm not so good at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to play at your house... but only if i get a cool name too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, come over anytime. You can be Masterjade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, when I die, I want you to write my eulogy. You'd make everyone laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is funny how kids think that you might actually want to be pregnant and give birth 21 times.

    ReplyDelete