Friday, April 4, 2008

Bee-Why-Yoo



Talmage and I took a trip to Provoland today. He had dinosaurs on the brain. And he wanted to see them. Today. So I took him to the Bean Museum where I tried to pass off various large stuffed animals as dinosaurs. "Look, Talmage. Dinosaur." "No, Mom. Reindeer." "Look, Talmage. Dinosaur." "No. Cheetah."

He did enjoy the museum, but when we walked out, he said, "Dinosaurs?" I was at a bit of a loss. I wanted to visit some friends at the Museum of Art and see a couple of exhibitions I hadn't seen yet, so we went to the MOA. When we walked in we saw Brower Hatcher's The Seer (pictured above), the great big sculpture in the Lied Gallery--the lobby of the MOA. Talmage said, "Mom! Mom! Dinosaur!" He had noticed the great big dinosaur skull in the middle of the piece. Whew! I was off the hook. And Talmage appreciated his first work of art (goes along with him trying his first sushi last night: "Like this!").

All in all, it was a fun trip to to Provo. And when we got in the car to leave, he said "Like why-yoo." Much to the chagrin of his raving, red, Utah-fan father and uncle. And paternal grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment