Monday, May 12, 2008

Austenland



"So you know the books are the boring part of your blog and you're burying a perfectly good video by posting about one."

Where's the support, huh? Of course I know people skip over my book reviews. I post them for me, not for the audience. So there.

Actually Tyler's been the most amazing supportive husband and single-dad while I've been bed-ridden that I can imagine. I just finished 48 hours in this bed and I'm in for at least another 24 more. I couldn't do it without husband.

Austenland is delightful. It's just the book I'd recommend to anyone in a drug-induced haze.

I've never felt the type of satisfaction that I get after watching a good quality Meg Ryan chick-flick (the Nora Ephron kind, not the reformed sexy kind) with a book like I did after reading Austenland. Maybe that's because I read it in the same amount of time that it takes to watch a good quality Meg Ryan chick-flick. I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end, laughed through the drug-induced haze the entire time, and enjoyed well-written dialogue throughout.

Actually, this has been my favorite Shannon Hale novel.

3 comments:

  1. I agree!

    (with everything-burying the blog entry, writing book reviews, enjoying Shannon Hale, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to know that I read your book reviews and I thoroughly enjoy them. They let me know which books I need to read next, and which ones I should skip (The edge of Sadness).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your book reviews too! I write them also movie reviews.

    ReplyDelete