Monday, May 19, 2008

Chicks Dig Scars

So, Talmage has been a sweetheart through the whole back injury. Mostly. And when I say only mostly, it's because he's realized that Mom can't chase him so it makes getaways ridiculously easy.

The most recent getaway happened at the Gateway, and he was half-way up the escalator before he triumphantly turned to flaunt his success. The problem with flaunting, however, is that it's usually accompanied by over-exuberance, which isn't very good for balance. I didn't make it to him before he tumbled down the escalator. "Don't worry," I later told my dad. "He only bounced once."

I vacillated all night about whether to get him stitches and continued to vacillate my way into the Instacare. Only after the nurse detailed the trauma he'd endure did I decide to go for the Superglue method: 1) hold head wound together, and 2) Superglue it.

I think the only thing that would have made it tougher was if we'd just decided to duct tape the thing. Maybe next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment