1. Colby Healey Colby and I enjoyed a passionate four-year-old affair, until I consulted with Kelsey and Shelley and we found out he was three timing us.
2. Nik English Lasted from ages four to seven. Nik gave me a pearl necklace when I was five. He is now six inches shorter than me.
3. Scott Kesten and Dustin Goodrich I list them together because when Mrs. Bush's first grade class found out I had a crush on Scott, I immediately traded my affections for Dustin. Apparently they were interchangeable.
4. Robbie Hinkley The boy was an ARTIST.
5. Mike Ward This one was short-lived. We were in sixth grade. We used to chase each other around the playground. IN SIXTH GRADE. If that's not passion, I don't know what is.
6. Jake Hansen
7. Jake Alder I'm pretty sure this kid still wouldn't know who I am, but when we hit Jr. High and the three elementary schools in the area combined, man this was the best new thing around.
7. Ethan Hawke Yeah, I know he's a has-been film star. But I liked the hair. And I'm proud of it.
7b. Thanks to Abi who pointed out that I forgot Colter Hammer. He was kind of a joint crush by all the girls because he was a hottie. Still is.
8. Travis Poulson
9. J.C. Forrester Even his name sounded like he belonged in a boy band.
9b. Sister pointed out that I forgot Armando Calderon. Which is a shame since I crushed on him for most of Jr. High. I was pretty sure he was going to be my first kiss. He wasn't though. He does give Fabricio Lustozo a run for his money for most Latin sounding crush. Except that Fabricio really was Brazilian.
10. Jake Poulsen This was a kid who I met on a giddy girl getaway in a hot tub at the Homestead resort. He was seventeen. I was fourteen, but I lied and said I was sixteen. I'm pretty sure he saw through me.
11. Chad Gilbert
12. Travis the senior He was a senior. I was a sophomore. Need I say more?
13. Paul Anderton It only lasted for about 2.5 minutes while we were dancing together at the New Year's Eve dance, but I felt some passion.
14. That one kid at the pool in St. George. We shared a moment.
15. Chad Condie's cousin.
16. Chad Condie's friend (Zach something?)
17. Chad Condie
18. Harte Nielson
19. Sid Lot
20. Tom Brinton
21. Ace Tanner The only boy I've ever really asked on a first date. He said I was an amazing hugger. And I am.
22. That one kid who won all the golf tournaments. Carl Jensen. I told him "Man, if you didn't already have a girlfriend, I would so be into you." Smooth, eh?
23. Fabricio Lustozo How many Americans have someone that Latin in their list?
24. Tyler Howe Yes, this is husband. But since he didn't kiss me before leaving for Argentina, I felt perfectly free to continue crushing.
25. That one kid who I snuggled with by the fire. I don't know his name but I know he was older. And man was he sexy.
26. Joe Plicka This only lasted a couple days. So negligible that when I continued hanging out with him and he asked if I ever had a crush on him I said no. And felt good about it.
27. Brett from Jerusalem. Really, who didn't?
28. Dave Riding He played with my hair while we studied and everyone kind of expected us to date. But I think we both kind of irritated each other. And we both ended up marrying the people we were writing to.
29. Erik Condon Sarah, it was brief, I tell ya, BRIEF. But he was such a gentleman.
30. Tom from Writing Fellows. Should I mention that the last three are all tall, skinny, with dark curly hair?
31 and forever. Husband The tallest, skinniest, curliest, sexiest man of them all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holy Cow that is quite a list. Are you still in bed? That is a little creepy that you remember them all like that. You must be very bored! Do you want me to come visit? We are bored too!
ReplyDeletelove the Erik entry, Laura. Too funny.
ReplyDeleteI know Joe Plicka! Well, mostly I know his wife. :)
ReplyDeleteBut why don't I know Tom from WF? Ah, those incestuous Writing Fellows.
Love the list. I remember all my crushes too. I tended to go by year, though I did go by semester a couple of times in college.
Oh man Lars . . . Colter is going to be SO DISAPPOINTED after all that talk about having a crush on him and he did not even make the list? I will break it to him easy or is it brake? Man you are the smarty pants here . . . not I! Any luck with the croc yet? MISSING RED CROC!
ReplyDeleteI'm offended by this. I'll say no more!
ReplyDeleteDid you forget plaid pants man?
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't Harte get a more lengthy entry...
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I remember finding a very dramatic note in your 9th grade shorts professing love for heart throb Armando.
ReplyDeletePlaid pants man? Really Sarah? You thought that was a crush? I considered that more of a please drop me off at future sister-in-law's apartment by 8:30, because that's my 19-year-old curfew relationship.
ReplyDeleteIf we're including Plaid Pants Man, we might as well include Are You Really Trying To Hold My Hand When I Can't Remember Your Name?
Or Were We in A Class Together Five Years Ago? Only if you were in Mrs. Bagnell's Ninth Grade English.
Man, that was the summer. This should be its own blog entry.
How absolutely classic that you and Howie ended up together! I still remember you and Heather Beasley constantly harping on him in Mrs. Paxton's class in 9th grade. I just knew it was love in the beginning stages.
ReplyDeleteTyler rocks! I hope to see you guys (or at least him, if you are still stuck in bed) at the reunion next month.
-Steffe
P.S. I haven't been called that forever
we could always add the Guatamalean/Ephraim boy crushes. Do those count?
ReplyDeleteI know 95% of these men and I can say with all honesty, wow, did you get the best thing around. Hands down.
ReplyDelete